TOOLS NEEDED: - Link2SD
- Rooted Device
- Root Explorer
- SDEXT on your SDCard (preferably EXT3, but anyone is cool)
NOTE: this is assuming that neither link2SD has been installed nor your memory card has been partitoned and your apps have been linked, prior to this. Please, back up your phone. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT GOES WRONG WITH YOUR PHONE. IF YOU ARE NOT SURE OF WHAT YOU ARE DOING, OR NOT SURE OF ANY OF THE STEPS, "ASK QUESTIONS". IF YOU ARE SCARED, RUN TO YOUR MUMMY.
Follow the instructions carefully.
1. Partition your mem card into 2 partitions using Mini Tool Partition Wizard (or 3, for those who will use swapper). The first partition is FAT32, the second is EXT3 (u can use EXT2 or EXT4, but preferably EXT3) and for those who have a 3rd partition, Linux Swap. All partitions must be marked as PRIMARY. U can use any size you want for your second partition...I used 2GB.
2. install Link2SD
3. Open Link2SD
4. Choose your EXT partition type (depending on what u created in step 1)
5. Restart your fone manually (not from Link2SD)
NOTE: If you get an error (mount script not created.....), don't panic. Just restart your fone manually. Den go back to Link2SD, Options >> More >> Recreate mount scripts. Den restart your fone manually.
6. Open link2SD and go to settings
7. Uncheck ALL options.
8. Exit Link2SD
9. Open root explorer (remember, your fone needs to be rooted)
10. Go to /data/sdext, delete everything u see in there.
11. Go back to /data.
12. Using the multi-select option, CAREFULLY select the following folders:
13. Go back to /data/sdext and paste.
14. Go out of /data/sdext and then go back into it.
Now, this is the most important...yet most dangerous part.
15. Create a link to the APP folder. This is done by long-pressing d folder, scroll down the options that pop up and choose "Link to this folder". Den go back to /data and choose "create link". A warning will pop up (app folder exists...do you want to replace......or something like that sha). Choose "YES".
16. Repeat this step for the remaining 3 folders.
17. Restart your fone TWICE. PLS DO NOT USE YOUR PHONE UNTIL YOU HAVE RESTARTED IT TWICE.
18. After that, check your internal storage.
**side-effects** Longer boot time (depending on the apps you have installed), but what is boot time compared to memory space...abi??
Also, i believe this trick works for most android fones...since the basic underlying technology is the same...but if u have large internal memory, u wouldnt need it...just except thou art greedy.